The first step in realizing your dream is learning the benefits of retiring in the Caribbean. The Caribbean has always been a favorite tourism destination for millions of international travelers. Visiting Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, Seven Mile Beach in the Caymans, or any of the other beautiful Caribbean resort locations is an unforgettable experience. An experience we would like to last forever – or at least for several months. The natural beauty, relaxed lifestyle, activities and sports, delicious cuisine, lively music and friendly people make the Caribbean seem like paradise.
Thousands of people from the US, Canada and Europe have made the Caribbean their permanent home or seasonal home. An increasing percentage of these people are seniors or younger people planning their retirement.
The Caribbean is an ideal retirement location for many reasons. In addition to the things that make it a popular vacation destination, it is appealing due to:
- Its proximity and accessibility to the US and Canada and direct flights to Europe
- Government programs encouraging residency for foreign retirees
- The wide range of real estate, from very affordable condos to super luxury villas
- The ability to acquire shared interests or “fractionals” in properties rather than full ownership
- Affordable health and medical care in many locations
- Endless opportunities for healthy living
- Growing expat communities
- Potential estate and tax planning benefits
As you can see, there are many benefits to retiring in the Caribbean. But, there are dozens of countries to choose from. How do you know which one is right for you? The next step is to Research the Best Caribbean Location for You.