So, you have already selected your ideal Caribbean location and found your dream home. That’s great! Now its time to move!
Preparing to move to the Caribbean involves quite a few steps, but we will give you an idea of the process involved.
You should first read our Essential Info: Moving page. Here we tell you about things like setting aside money to cover relocation costs, what types of things are best to leave behind and what to bring with you, import duties and more.
Hiring the right moving company is important, so be sure to check out our Pros for a reliable company.
Here are some things that should be on your To Do List:
- Notify utility companies of your moving date and ask for final bills. Also give them your new address in case there are remaining payments due.
- Notify your bank and mortgage lender that you are moving to the Caribbean and provide them with your contact information.
- Notify credit card companies and other creditors of your new contact information.
- Start getting rid of things, particularly if you are a hoarder. Notify the town that you want to schedule a garage sale.
- Get estimates from relocation or shipping companies
- In your new home, you will want to arrange several things in advance if possible. These include utilities, telephone, cable and internet. It will ease your transition if these are in place when you arrive.